2.0 - THE UPGRADE!
** THIS COURSE IS SUITED FOR THOSE EXPERIENCED IN SEWING AND SOME PATTERN UNDERSTANDING
In this one day workshop you will be exposed to many industry techniques and secret gems to help you solve those ever repeating issues you may deal with every time you use a commercial pattern.
Whether it’s a pattern you made or a pattern you have, we will show you through a series of step by step thorough exercises HOW to have the confidence to adjust pattern sand learn how to fit properly." an industry game changer..." Anne, fashion garment technician
Course Content Includes:
- BALANCE- how to correctly adjust garments that are twisting, dragging, pulling and swinging forward, the REAL secrets to fixing how clothes fit
- SHOULDER SLOPES - adjusting shoulder lines to fix dragging on garments
- BUNCHING under the arms and inside leg- how to correctly shorten one part of the pattern without shortening another.
- PULLING- neck depths and widths- how making alterations change the fit of whole garment.
- RE-FIT- we visit the main reasons clothes do not fit well and look at how to change them to suit you.
- ARMS/BICEPS -fixing sleeves and armholes to make them more comfortable for you.
- GARMENTS WE WILL BE FOCUSSING ON : dresses, jackets, pants and shirts - garments and patterns. BRING YOUR GARMENT/PATTERN IN FOR A FIT ASSESSMENT
- and so many more amazing techniques and industry secrets to share!
This workshop facilitates pattern making for ALL genders, including trans, neutral and non-binary.
UNIT 24, 15 EARSDON ST YARRAVILLE 3013TIMETABLE
Saturday MARCH 23rd 9:30am- 4pm.PAYMENT OPTIONS
PAYPAL, AFTERPAY, GOOGLE & APPLE PAY, CREDIT CARDWe provide you with
- Mock ups of garments to show how these techniques work.
- Pattern making paper for class exercises
- Long rulers to use during class time
- Examples of ill fitting garments to demonstrate how to fix.
- Examples of correct fitting garments.
Pens, Pencils, Eraser, Masking tape, Small ruler(s), Set square if available, Paper scissors, Pins