Never before has the opportunity to obtain the BEST industry level pattern blocks been available to purchase so easily.
The Pattern Making Class is proud to give you the opportunity to start making your own patterns by giving you the most developed and resolved framework to start from.
WHAT IS A BLOCK?
A pattern block is a template for a type of garment shape that allows you draft a wide variety of styles. The great thing is that you have a broad selection to choose from here.
Any good practitioner relies on good blocks, they provide a great fit, consistency to your patterns and great outcomes.
A great block is the “meta” of pattern making, it allows you to go back and change things as you need, you no longer need to be frustrated by bad fitting patterns, no pockets, too long, too short. All of this is your decision
YOU WILL BE THE MASTER OF YOUR OWN PATTERNS.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR BLOCK AND SIZE?
· Decide on the style of garments you may like to make. Each block page has examples of garments and suggestions listed to help. For example, the fitted bodice block can be used for many types of tops and dresses.
· Check the measurements; these are NOT your body measurements; they are the basic block measurements. Whether you’re adding fullness or making things slim fit, it’s good to find things like a bust, waist & hip on our size chart and compare them to similar garments you may already have.
· The length of the block has no relationship to the garment length you would like to make, it is just there to hold all the information and show where certain crucial measure points are, like the bust, waist and hip.
· The block is not a pattern, it is a template for you to make the pattern from. So be aware that it will not have the added things you can add like flare, gathers and tucks, for example. The possibilities are endless!
· There is no seam allowance on any block. You decide how much you would like to add.
HOW WILL I RECEIVE MY BLOCK?
Your block will be plotted onto pattern making card and be well labelled with the size, the piece name, straight grains and balance marks.
· It will be punch holed with a professional pattern tool so you can hang it on a string or pattern hook.
· The block(s) will be rolled, (NEVER FOLDED) and posted to you in a cardboard cylinder.
· We use SENDLE and will keep track of deliveries.
· The blocks are not sent digitally, it is essential you have a card template for your blocks.
HOW MUCH WILL POSTAGE COST AUSTRALIA WIDE?
· All postage is a flat rate $6.50 and FREE POSTAGE when your items are $75 or more.