BECOME A MASTER OF THE JACKET
WE ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE A 2 DAY WORKSHOP @ OUR YARRAVILLE CAMPUS- YOU ASKED, WE DELIVERED!
7 PLACES ONLY FOR THIS SPECIAL WORKSHOP
LEARN THE KEY ESSENTIALS OF DRAFTING THE LINED TAILORED JACKET!
In this course you will learn:
- how to draft tailored collar and lapels- explore multiple options
- how to identify & work with the break line, the jet pocket and flap, the back vent, facings and internal pockets
- how to construct a proper tailored lining using industry techniques.
- the two-piece sleeve; the shoulder pad, easing, sleeve heading, the sleeve placket
- fusing, how to use it, what type, where to put if and how.
- key instructional conversations on making tailored jackets
All these techniques will be discovered in the process of drafting & making the jacket pattern in class using industry standard blocks- which you keep! All of these techniques are shown as pattern exercises, existing sewing samplers and calico toiles to fully demonstrate the processes.
We provide you with:
- The tailored jacket block- MALE, FEMALE, GENDER NEUTRAL
- Pattern making paper for all class exercises
- Pattern making rulers to use in class
Please bring with you:
- pens, pencils, masking tape, small rulers, note paper, tape measure, pins, paper scissors
- Saturday NOVEMBER 6th 10-3pm
- Saturday NOVEMBER 13th 10-3pm
- THE SUGARHILL BUSINESS PARK, UNIT 24 15 EARSDON ST YARRAVILLE 3013
PAYMENT OPTIONS: PAYPAL-AFTERPAY-GOOGLE & APPLE PAY-CREDIT CARD