THE NEXT STEP UP FROM OUR FAMOUS PANT WORKSHOP.
IF YOU HAVE DONE THE PANT INTENSIVE,THIS IS THE PERFECT NEXT STEP
- TWO AMAZING PANT DESIGNS. Leave with fully resolved patterns, ready to make. CHOOSE YOUR SIZE BLOCK.
LEARN HOW TO FIT PANTS PROPERLY. IDENTIFY & RESOLVE DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION ISSUES THROUGH PATTERN MAKING.
This workshop is for those with a confident knowledge of garment construction.⚧-these workshops acknowledge & facilitate pattern making for all genders, including trans, neutral and non-binary.
In this course you will create two pant patterns for yourself or a size of your choice, ready to be sewn. Firstly we will discuss and demonstrate fitting problems and how to identify and solve these for your body shape.
STYLE ONE: THE FLAT FRONT PANT - PERFECTLY DRAFTED
- drafting the flat front trouser, slant tailored front pocket, back darts, back welt pocket, tailored waistband and fly.
- pant leg shape to can be varied according to personal taste
- half lining option
- this pant considers all sewing techniques and unpacks these as we draft and develop the pattern
STYLE TWO: THE RELAXED PLEATED TROUSER - ESSENTIAL STYLE
- drafting the relaxed pleat front trouser, in-seam front pocket, back darts, extended tailored waistband with cross cut internal facing and button fly.
- learn how to create fullness through the pant leg by creating tucks/pleats
- understanding how to balance the pant correctly
- adding fullness through the top only or all the way through the pant to establish your desired aesthetic.
- this pant considers all sewing techniques and unpacks these as we draft and develop the pattern.
- Understanding pant drafting pattern terminology.
- Drafting pant leg variations, understanding crotch shaping and designing pockets and fly fronts.
- Drafting multiple leg silhouettes from narrow to wide, focused on understanding shape, form and fit.
- Waist finishes such as the classic tailored waistband, shaped waistbands and facing the pant waist.
- Learning and understanding the key techniques in balancing the front and back legs to achieve correct fit.
Colling Campus LCI MELBOURNE 150 Oxford St, Collingwood 3066.
WEDNESDAY FEB 1st 6-9 pm.
WEDNESDAY FEB 8th 6-9 pm.
WEDNESDAY FEB 15th 6-9 pm.
PAY-PAL, SHOP-PAY, AFTER-PAY, GOOGLE PAY, MOST CREDIT CARDS.
We provide you with:
Cardboard pant block,closest to your size
Glossary of terms
Handouts of class exercises
Tutorials in measuring correctly.
Tasks on how to amend and correct fit issue;
Pattern making paper for class exercises
Long rulers to use during class time
Finished samples of garments illustrating patterns being made in class. Great references to illustrate the 2D flat pattern making into the 3D sewing techniques.Please bring with you
Pens, Pencils, Eraser, Masking tape, Small ruler(s), Set square if available, Paper scissors, Pins.