OUR BRAND NEW AMAZING WORKSHOP CURATED JUST FOR YOU!
A GREAT WORKSHOP FOR ALL LEVELS- work to your pace.
IN THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL CREATE TWO SHIRT PATTERNS READY TO SEW IN YOUR SIZE
⚧-these workshops acknowledge & facilitate pattern making for all genders, including trans, neutral and non-binary
This workshop breaks down into THREE main areas.
- STEP ONE- Fitting techniques for shirts, how to identify and solve fitting issues. This will include but not limited to, full bust adjustment, shoulder width and slope issues, neck drops & widths, balancing the pattern, sewing requirements, seam allowance, fusing needs, buttons and stitching types. Choosing the right block for the style; adjusting the block to suit your body shape. Many of these alternstions will be done one on one with you and the teacher to focus on your needs.
- STEP TWO- THE CLASSIC SHIRT The first shirt looks at all the codes of what makes a great classic shirt, we teach you how to make a great shirt with all the "trimmings". This allows you to alter and curate the styling of any shirt you wish to make in the future. As we teach this you can add or subtract details to make sure the shirt is what you need. We will look at button plackets, cuffs, two piece collars yokes, sleeves. As we teach these we go into further detail about this is class- we love hearing your views and questions too!
- STEP THREE- THE FASHION SHIRT. This pattern pushed your ideas further, we continue on with the knowledge of the classic shirt and explore more contemporary fashion ideas through volume, shape, detailing and trims. Here you can play with ideas that you have, what you think will suit you and adapt the outlines to work best for your outcomes.
- *** please note, with time constraints we can only alter the ideas to a pint, we will always try and do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Understanding shirt drafting pattern terminology.
- Drafting shirt variations, understanding fit, techniques, balance and assembly.
- Drafting silhouettes from classic to fashion ideas, focussed on understanding shape, form and fit, volume and form.
- placket finishes such as the classic tailored and faced options, collar finishes and pattern properties, button wraps & extensions, cuff techniques and more.
- Learning and understanding the key techniques in balancing the front and back and sleeve for a perfect fit, how to think about the body when drafting.
WEDNESDAY MAY 18th 6-9pm Week 2: WEDNESDAY MAY 25th 6-9pm Week 3: WEDNESDAY JUNE 1st 6-9pm
PAYPAL, SHOP-PAY, AFTERPAY, GOOGLE PAY, MOST CREDIT CARDS
Cardboard blocks in your closest size
Glossary of terms
Handouts of class exercises Tutorials in measuring correctly. Tasks on how to amend and correct fit issue
Pattern making paper for class exercises
Long rulers to use during class time Premade sample and samples of designs being made